Wednesday, March 21, 2012
These things are incredible! Whenever I want a bread side dish, this is the first thing that I think of. They're flavorful, have a delightful texture, and are really easy to make!
adapted from Nami-Nami
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp butter, melted
0.5 tsp salt
a pinch of black pepper
5 Tbsp coarsely grated cheddar cheese (or another of your choice)
2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp finely chopped dill or chives (optional)
1. Whisk together milk, eggs, flour, melted butter, salt, and pepper until smooth, then stir in cheeses and herbs. Chill at least 1 hour (and up to overnight)
2. Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F with rack in upper third.
3. Butter muffin pan with some extra butter, then heat in oven until butter sizzles, about 2 minutes.
4. Gently stir batter, then divide among muffin cups (they will be about two-thirds full).
5. Bake until puffed and golden-brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.