These are my absolute favorite cookie. "Cookie" was my first word, so that is saying something ;) They're gooey but also chewy with the perfect amount of crispness.
Gooey S'mores Cookiesmakes around 3 dozen
I have no idea where I got this recipe, but it was someone's blog a few years ago. Anyone know which one?
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (buy crumbs or use a food processor, though hand-crushing can work in a pinch)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
2 Hershey bars, chopped
1. Combine the butter and sugars until fluffy and well-mixed
2. Add egg and vanilla until combined. Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt and baking soda. Mix well. Add chocolate chips.
3. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least an hour (ideally for about 24 hours for some reason)
4. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
5. On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, place dough by the rounded tablespoon. Bake for 8 minutes
6. Remove from oven and place bits of Hershey bars and marshmallows on top to your liking. Bake for another 2 minutes, and cool for at least 15 minutes