Friday, May 4, 2012
Best Mac n' Cheese I know of
This is the greatest mac n' cheese I have ever eaten. Ever. You won't regret making this!
Awesome Cheddar Lover's Mac n' Cheese
serves 4 hungry people
Adapted from My Cooking Quest
8 oz (about 2 1/2 cups) pasta of your choice
Cheese Sauce (see below)
Additional 2 oz cheddar cheese (1/2 cup shredded)
1/2 tsp chipotle chile powder
3 strips cooked bacon (optional)
2 tbs butter
1/6 cup flour
1 1/2 cups milk
8 oz cheddar cheese (approximately 2 cups shredded)
1/4 tsp kosher salt (or table salt)
1/4 tsp chile powder
1 clove of garlic, minced
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a dish of at least 8 x 8, and no larger than 9 x 13.
2. Cook pasta according to package, but undercook it slightly. Drain, and set aside.
3. Make sauce by melting butter in a pot over medium heat. Mix in flour.
4. Slowly add milk to pot. Wisk constantly for 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens and starts slowly bubbling.
5. Remove from heat, and mix in the 8 oz shredded cheese, salt, garlic, and chile powder until cheese has melted.
6. Add pasta and bacon to sauce, and gently mix. Pour in to the buttered dish, and top with the 2 oz cheese and chipotle chile powder evenly.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese starts bubbling in the middle.